Here’s What You Can Earn Working At Apple (AAPL), you already know what you pay for their products and services
A list of some of the top-paid jobs at Apple, based on data gathered from Glassdoor
22. Mac Genius Salary: $44,070
21. Lead Mac Genius Salary: $55,626
20. Assistant Apple Store manager Salary: $56,046
19. Account executive Salary: $82,479
18. Store Manager Salary: $85,357
17. Business analyst Salary: $92,169
16. Financial analyst Salary: $94,799
15. Software quality assurance engineer Salary: $99,650
14. Systems engineer Salary: $104,231
13. Project manager Salary: $107,631
12. Firmware engineer Salary: $113,155
11. Test engineer Salary: $113,916
10. Senior systems engineer Salary: $117,237
9. Hardware engineer Salary: $118,739
8. Software engineer Salary: $119,336
7. Database administrator Salary: $122,669
6. Product design engineer Salary: $125,983
5. Mechanical engineer Salary: $127,464
4. Product manager Salary: $131,108
3. Senior software engineer Salary: $140,832
2. Senior hardware engineer Salary: $150,105
1. Industrial designer Salary: $174,140
Compared To Apple And Yahoo, Are they Overpaying the New CEO (MSFT)?
With Nadella, Microsoft has crafted a brand new pay-for-performance model.
Investor watchdog organization Institutional Shareholder Services (ISS) caused a stir last week by telling Microsoft investors that Satya Nadella’s pay package was too high.
Nadella was granted a starter kit of stock valued at about $65 million which won’t begin to vest until 2019. Plus, he got another one-time stock grant worth $13.5 million in August 2013 to keep him around during the CEO search process. It vests over seven years.
In 2014, his base salary is $918,917 for a role he assumed in February. (ISS calculates his full year base at $1.2 million) and a cash bonus of $3.6 million.
So Nadella will be eligible for an annual $13.2 million stock award, with a complicated vesting schedule, that he’ll unlock if he hits certain performance targets.
“Over 80% of the reward opportunity is performance-based measured by our total shareholder return (“TSR”) relative to the S&P 500. To earn the target value of this award, Microsoft’s TSR must exceed the 60th percentile of the S&P 500 over each of three overlapping five-year performance periods that extend to 2021
By the way, Microsoft also agreed to a $17.4 million golden parachute.
- Oracle is paying its new co-CEOs Safra Catz and Mark Hurd $37.7 million apiece for their first year. That was a pay cut from $44 million the year before. (Larry Ellison is making $67 million in 2014).
- Tim Cook was granted a staggering $378 million one-time stock grant when he took over as CEO, which has vastly grown in value. Between a $4 million salary and about $70 million of his stock options that vested, he made $74 million in 2013.
- Marissa Mayer was paid $36.6 million her first year as the CEO of Yahoo.
Are you good with numbers, data, or spreadsheets? Don’t be afraid to show off your skills — as it turns out, being a “math geek” is quite lucrative.
New data from PayScale reports that the median salary for math majors is $70,900 — compared to a median salary of $58,600 for all college grads. Some professions, such as data scientists and quantitative analysts, are even higher, with median salaries upwards of $100,000.
The average base salary of a software engineer in the US is getting closer to $100,000. This year, the average is $97,098, up just a few dollars from the year before.
European engineers, however, earn a lot less. But they did get a big boost in base pay this year: Salaries in Europe average €43,536 ($55,329) before bonuses are paid, up 9% from €39,498 ($50,198) in 2013.